Summer is here! Its time to get your patio or porch furniture ready for outdoor enjoyment.
Follow these helpful tips:
- Love your fabric, do not power wash or use hard bristle brushes!
- Removable fabric may be hand washed in 1/4 cup mild soap per 1 gallon of water, remove excess water & air dry. Manufacturers recommend Dawn dishwashing soap.
- For stains, gently work the solution in over the area with a soft brush or towel, rinse & air dry. This tip applies to spot cleaning or cleaning any indoor or outdoor "performance fabric".
- Non-removable fabric, mix 1/4 cup mild soap per 1 gallon of water and apply to cushion using a soft brush, rinse excess water & air dry (indoor cushions may be vacuumed to dry).
- Mold & mildew removal, prepare 1 cup of bleach with 1/4 mild soap per 1 gallon of water. Spray entire area & allow to soak 15 minutes (protect surrounding area around fabric when using bleach). Blot upholstery with sponge, towel or soft brush, rinse thoroughly & allow to air dry.
- Note: mold and mildew do not grow on outdoor fabric, it grows on the organic matter that has attached to the fabric such as dirt, pollen, etc.
- Outdoor cushions are meant for the outdoors, however they will last many more seasons if you bring your cushions inside when not in use or cover them when not in use.
- At a minimum, put your cushions undercover if expecting a rainstorm.
- If your cushions do get soaked, stand them upright so they dry properly.
- Please bring your outdoor cushions inside or undercover when the Summer season is over!
Continue to follow other @LAD_Interior_Design social media pages for upcoming blogs.